Genie from DIRECTV is an HD DVR so advanced, your every TV wish is granted.
Genie, only from DIRECTV, serves your entire home. So now you can enjoy a full HD DVR experience on every TV in your home, without seeing a box in every room. Genie also avoids recording conflicts by letting you record any five shows at the same time, all in HD. Genie even recommends shows you might like based on what you already watch. And with up to three times more HD recording capacity than cable, you won't have to delete your favorite shows to make room for new ones. With an HD DVR this advanced, your every TV wish is granted.
Top Features of the DIRECTV Home Media Center HD DVR
||Genie Serves your Entire Home with One HDDVR Now you can record, pause, rewind, fast-forwardyour shows on every TV in your home, without seeinga box in every room.**Additional equipment and fees required.*Requires a C31 Client or an RVU-enabled TV device for each additional room.
| No More Recording Conflits.
Genie lets you record any five showsyou want at once, all in HD, all with onecentral HD DVR, so no moredreaded recording conflicts.Access to programming based on package selection. Blackout restrictions apply to sports programming. Program must air in HD to record in HD.
| Store all your Favorite Shows.With a one terabyte HD DVR storagedrive, Genie has up to three times more HD recording capacity than cable.That means you can put an end to deleting your favorite shows to make room for new ones.
||Genie is Super smart.Genie Recommends shows you might like based on what you already watch, and even asks to record them for you. Like what you see? You can record the entire series. It's never been easier to discover new favorites.
Opt in Genie recommends required.
-Watch your recorded shows on any device, anywhere.
With GenieGO™ and an HD DVR, you can enjoy your recorded shows on any device*
—wherever you are, wherever you go.
-Watch anywhere—without an Internet connection.
GenieGO lets you download and watch shows recorded on your HD DVR on up to five different devices, so everyone in your family can enjoy their favorites anytime, anywhere—all at the same time. No Internet connection required to watch, so you can watch without interruption.
Streaming is currently limited to one device at a time.
-Stream shows instantly over Wi-Fi.
Whenever you’re joined to a Wi-Fi network—any Wi-Fi network, not just your home network—you can stream your recorded shows instantly, without having to download them to your device.
| Additional features
- Watch two shows at the same time, without having to change channels.
- Get HD resolutions up to 1080p, the same format as Blu-ray™.
- Watch thousands of shows and movies On Demand when connected to the Internet.
- Get access to hundreds of the latest movie releases, many available nearly a month before Netflix.
- Pause and rewind live HDTV for up to 90 minutes.
- Control what you watch—back up, slow down, or use instant replay.
- Fast-forward in 30-second intervals and get a high-speed look at the show you've recorded.
- Set your DVR from anywhere with your cell phone or computer.
- Record a single episode or an entire series with a clickQuickly find what you want to watch with any keyword.
- Watch 3D TV.
- Only DIRECTV offers 24/7 3D programming.
- Get real-time scores of any major game at the press of a button.
- Watch YouTube videos right on your TV.
- Share your favorite shows on Facebook or Twitter.
- Control what your kids can watch with easy-to-use parental controls.
Genie HD DVR
- Dimensions:Width: 15.75 in, Height: 3.25 in, Depth: 11.85 in
- Audio Outputs 1 Digital Optical, 1 Digital (coaxial), 1 Stereo (L/R, RCA), 1 S/PDIF (COAX)
- Video Outputs 1 HDMI, 1 Component, 1 NTSC . S-Video, 1 Composite (Audio LR)
- Other 1 Satellite In, 1 Internal RF antenna, 1 Front USB, 1 Back USB, 1 Ethernet 1 eSATA port, 1 Phone Jack, 1 AC Power Inlet Connector
- Genie Client
- Height: 5.906 inches (150 mm)
- Width: 1.024 inches (26 mm)
- Depth: 3.661 inches (93 mm)